EOSC Researcher Engagement: Report on "Visions, needs, and requirements for Future Research Environments: an Exploration Series with Researchers"
As partner of the project consortium EOSCSecretariat, TU Wien is responsible for Researcher Engagement. This task comprises the organization of workshops, consultations and an exploration series with members from university networks, funding bodies and various research communities. In order to address the latter in a structured way, TU Wien interviewed top-level researchers such as members from the Marie Curie Alumni Association, ERC grantees and Nobel Laureates covering four domains (Engineering and Technical Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences and Humanities). The aim was to:
- explore the perspectives of excellent researchers who have a vision for and are interested in shaping the future of (European) research infrastructures for their domain
- identify current barriers and services considered essential for a well-functioning EOSC
- obtain a better understanding on how research is changing
- elaborate visions on how research will be conducted in 5 to 15 years and what the effect and impact on research infrastructures will be
- provide these as seeds for public comments to involve a large stakeholder community, thus ensuring many voices are being heard and that findings are considered in EOSC implementation processes
We are now pleased to share the link to the final Report on “Visions, requirements and needs for Future Research Environments: An Exploration Series with Researchers”: https://zenodo.org/record/4336705#.X9t5Y9hKiUk. For Key Takeaway Messages, please see: https://zenodo.org/record/4337176#.X9t7cNhKiUk
To access our previous reports and key takeaway messages on researcher engagement activities, please see:
- Report on the workshop with members of university networks: https://zenodo.org/record/3693914#.X1NmCcgzaUk
- Report on the workshop with researchers: https://zenodo.org/record/3701194#.X1NmD8gzaUl)
- Report on the online session with experts from the healthcare domain: https://zenodo.org/record/4015121#.X1NdI8gzaUl
- Key takeaway messages from the online session with experts from the healthcare domain: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4030301
- Key takeaway messages from workshops with members of university networks, funding bodies and researchers: https://zenodo.org/record/3701269#.X1Nn-MgzaUk
This report will be distributed among the EOSC governance bodies, the EOSC Working Groups and various stakeholders including researchers, members of university networks and funding bodies, thus providing input in the ongoing development processes of the EOSC.
TU Wien representatives of the EOSCSecretariat: Paolo Budroni, Katharina Flicker, Juliana Giroletti, Andreas Rauber (PI), Barbara Sánchez, Bernd Saurugger