Webinar - Building the European Open Science Cloud
Building the European Open Science Cloud
A deep dive into the EOSC Working Groups and engagement opportunities with EOSC Secretariat
1 July 2019, 11:00-12:30
Purpose and Scope
The EOSC Executive Board and the EOSC Secretariat will hold a webinar on 1 July 2019 from 11:00-12:30 CEST to provide an overview on the EOSC Governance Structure and to present the newly-formed EOSC Executive Board Working Groups. We’ll also be taking a closer look at new opportunities for funding and engagement with EOSC.
The EOSC Executive Board Working Groups form an official part of the EOSC Governance structure that will ensure a community-sourced approach to the current challenges of the EOSC. Topics addressed include examining the EOSC landscape, the architecture, FAIR data, rules of participation, and sustainability.
Central to the foundation of the EOSC Secretariat is the concept of "co-creation" and "inclusiveness". These key principles will be reflected through an open communication channel between the EOSC Executive Board and its Working Groups with the EOSC stakeholders and key actors, as well as funding opportunities on producing work that will be vital for ensuring a successful EOSC.
Mechanisms to ensure involvement from the EOSC community in the EOSC governance process are also going to be put in place and will be introduced in the webinar.
Who should attend?
- Infrastructure initiatives from Member States
- EU infrastructure related initiatives
- International initiatives
- Learn about funding and co-creation opportunities you can apply for
- Understand how you can get involved in the EOSC governance process
- Find out how to Influence decision-making in the EOSC on behalf of your stakeholder group
- Discover the main working groups, their outputs and who's behind them
- Get an overall idea of of how the EOSC governance works
11:00 – 11:10: EOSC and its governance structure - a bird’s eye view – Cathrin Stover, GÉANT & EOSC Executive Board Co-Chair
11:10 – 11:30: EOSC Executive Board Working Groups – Sarah Jones, GÉANT & EOSC Executive Board Co-Chair; Jan Hrusak, Czech Academy of Science, ESFRI Chair & Landscape WG Chair
11:30 – 11:40: Q&A
11:40 – 12:00: Engagement opportunities through the EOSCsecretariat.eu - TBA
12:00 – 12:30: Q&A