The EOSC Association for regional and national communities: interviews with the Board
Over the past few months, the Communications Task Force of the INFRAEOSC-05 Collaboration carried out a series of interviews with the EOSC Association Board of Directors.
EOSCsecretariat.eu supported and coordinated this effort, involving all the four regional projects (EOSC-Nordic, EOSC-Pillar, EOSC-Synergy and NI4OS-Europe), which reached out to the President and Directors of the Association in order to collect precious insights relevant to regional and local Open Science communities across Europe.
Topics ranged from the establishment and development of national Open Science initiatives such as ICDI in Italy and NFDI in Germany, to the impact of the pandemic on the evolution and uptake of OS principles in specific regions, with a particular focus on the pivotal role played by the EOSC Association in partnership with the European Commission in the Horizon Europe framework for the next years.
These chats are a great chance for the wider research community to get a clearer understanding of the EOSC vision and roadmap for the next few years.
In my dream, 20 years from now, EOSC has become a system (a commons) similar to what is now the World Wide Web where the Internet is the backbone. In this vision, something like 50% of the relevant research data would be available through these commons, this federated network to be created through the protocols and standards. And by relevant data I mean those data that are seen as relevant by the researchers themselves because someone else cannot determine what data are relevant.
Karel Luyben, EOSC Association President
Read the full interviews listed below and get to know the EOSC Association, become part of the implementation phase of the European Open Science Cloud.
- Karel Luyben (CESAER), President - Interviewed by NI4OS-Europe
- Ignacio Blanquer (UPV), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Synergy
- Ronan Byrne (HEAnet), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Synergy
- Suzanne Dumouchel (CNRS), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Pillar
- Bob Jones (CERN), Director - Interviewed by EOSCsecretariat.eu
- Sarah Jones (GÉANT), Director - Interviewed by FAIRsFAIR
- Marialuisa Lavitrano (UNIMIB), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Pillar
- Klaus Tochtermann (ZBW), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Pillar
- Wilhelm Widmark (SU), Director - Interviewed by EOSC-Nordic