EOSC Consultation Day exceeds expectations thanks to stakeholder participation
Monday 18 May 2020 saw a highly successful and interactive event organised by the EOSC Executive Board. Over 500 stakeholders from all over the EOSC community virtually joined the EOSC Consultation Day to gather feedback on all the latest developments of the EOSC Working Groups.
Participants were involved in a series of public consultation sessions, providing input to the work of the EOSC Executive Board and its Working Groups as they move towards the goal of presenting a Minimal Valuable EOSC by the end of 2020.
The EOSC Consultation Day was an important stock-taking discussion based on the main strategic priorities for the EOSC and on the Milestones set for the Executive Board and EB Working Groups, as defined by the EOSC Strategic Implementation Plan in July 2019. A full report on the event will be published in the near future.
The event was co-located with the EOSC-hub Week 2020, a public forum bringing together key players in the development of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
If you missed it or if you would like to catch up on all parallel sessions you can now watch it as a full playlist on the EOSC-hub YouTube Channel or below here:
All presentations and links to the recordings of the different sessions are also available here:
- EOSC at strategic level - Plenary Session, Karel Luyben, CESAER and Chair of the EOSC Executive Board and Cathrin Stover, GÉANT and EOSC Executive Board Co-Chair
- EOSC Strategic Research & Innovation Agenda, chaired by Jean-François Abramatic, Inria and Architecture WG Chair
- Governance, maintenance and sustainability of metrics and PIDs, chaired by Sarah Jones, DCC and FAIR WG Chair; Françoise Genova, CNRS & EOSC FAIR Working Group Co-chair; Rachael Kotarski, British Library
- EOSC Rules of Participation, chaired by Juan Bicarregui, Research Data Alliance - RDA, STFC and Rules of Participation (Rop) WG Chair
- Sustainability and governance of EOSC, chaired by Rupert Lueck, EMBL and Sustainability WG co-chair; Lidia Borrell-Damián, Science Europe and Sustainability WG co-chair; Bob Jones, CERN
- EOSC Authentication & Authorisation Infrastructure (AAI), chaired by Jean-François Abramatic, Inria and Architecture WG Chair; Christos Kanellopoulos, GÉANT
- EOSC at a practical level: Skills, chaired by Natalia Manola, OpenAIRE and Training & Skills WG Chair and Vinciane Gaillard, EUA. Moderator: Iryna Kuchma (eIFL)
- Landscaping report: future outlook, chaired by Jan Hrusak, ESFRI Chair & Landscape WG co-chair and John Womersley, European Spallation Source ERIC and Landscape WG co-chair
- EOSC at a practical level: PID policy and implementation, chaired by Jean-François Abramatic, Inria and Architecture WG Chair & Sarah Jones, DCC and FAIR WG Chair
- Addressing the content of a Minimal Valuable EOSC, chaired by Karel Luyben, CESAER and Chair of the EOSC Executive Board
- EOSC Consultation Day Q&A