Learn About International Open Science and FAIR Initiatives
Open Science and FAIR data are being implemented all around the world in the research area. The EOSC Secretariat International Technology and Policy Observatory prepared a report this summer on some of the major trends and activities happening globally. That report can be found here.
The five main international trends observed were:
- Worldwide research and standards organisations are driving convergence
- Regional Open Science Initiatives are getting more aligned and coordinated
- FAIR Funders are teaming up to drive FAIR behavior
- FAIR Digital Objects are driving worldwide interoperability
- FAIR Data Stewards are likely to change the world of research
This month EOSCsecretariat.eu has prepared more helpful resources to continue exploring Open Science and FAIR Data on a global level:
First of all, on 24 November EOSCsecretariat.eu will host a webinar with four of the research and standards organisations which are driving convergence: CODATA, GO FAIR, RDA, and WDS! Details and registration can be found here.
Second, Episode 2 of the EOSCsecretariat.eu Podcast has been published, featuring Bert Meerman from the GO FAIR Foundation & EOSCsecretariat.eu, speaking on International FAIR Practices.
Register now for our webinar, and learn more about how we can make research FAIR globally!